Call for a FREE Quote Today!
Conducting regular maintenance for your gas boiler ensures its reliability, minimizes operating and energy costs, extends equipment life, and improves safety. Luckily, you don’t have to wait for your next professional annual inspections to be sure your boiler’s functioning well. You can use our boiler maintenance checklist as often as you need to ensure your equipment is performing as efficiently as possible.
There are several things you can check on your own to make sure you’re getting the most out of your boiler:
• Inspect around and under your boiler for leaking water
• Make sure area around the boiler is unobstructed
• Check temperature and pressure readings
• Check for error and service codes
• Make sure vent termination is unobstructed
• Inspect combustion air opening for blockages
• Listen for unusual noises or vibrations from equipment
• Inspect combustion air piping and flue gas vent piping
• Inspect relief valve discharge pipe and boiler relief valve
• Inspect condensate drain line, PVC fittings, drain system, and drain trap
• Inspect boiler hydronic piping
• Inspect burner flame
In addition to performing regular inspections yourself, you should have a qualified boiler technician to perform an annual inspection. During this inspection, the technician should:
• Inspect heating system and fix any issues
• Clean and inspect heat exchanger of boiler
• Ensure all boiler connections and wiring are intact
• Make sure water pH levels are within proper range
• Inspect condensate system and clean and flush system as necessary
• Examine and clean flame sensors, ignitor, and burner assembly
• Inspect venting system for deterioration, corrosion, or blockage to ensure all pipe and joint connections are secure
• Inspect vent terminations and air inlet to make sure they’re unobstructed and clear
• Check control settings and test safety controls and operating controls
Your technician should follow up with you after your inspection to report any findings and ensure that your boiler is functioning properly. To set up an annual gas boiler maintenance service, contact Bergeman Plumbing & Heating at 715-376-2278 now.
COMMON SIGNS YOU HAVE A BOILER PROBLEM
If you notice any of these signs during your DIY checks or in the course of daily life, your boiler may be facing mechanical problems.
• You notice water leaks around equipment
• You notice unusual or unpleasant smells
• You notice strange sounds coming from your equipment
• You get on heat or hot water
• Your water isn’t as hot as it normally is
• You notice an increase in energy bills
• Your boiler turns off by itself
These are some clear signs that your boiler needs a repair. If you’re experiencing any of these, call Bergeman Plumbing & Heating right away at (715) 376-2278. One of our certified technicians will come inspect your equipment to get to the root of the problem and provide an effective solution.